Thursday, January 25, 2018

Celebrating 75

When Dean asked what I wanted to do for my birthday celebration, I said, I wanted our grandson, Kyle, to join us for dinner. We ended up having Kyle make us reservations at the really nice restaurant where he works as a server. We had a delightful time tucked away in a far corner, the perfect table for Dean to hear what was being said and joining in the conversation. 

I often order a cranberry/pineapple juice mixture in a nice glass "so it looks like I am having a cocktail". For the first time, it was brought me in a martini glass. Delightful. I had never drunk from a martini glass, so it was a new experience. They are made for sipping. Lovely.

Grandson Kyle. This restaurant gives their servers credit for a meal and Kyle donated his to the celebration. A very nice birthday present! Thank you, Kyle!

Dean and Kyle had the surf and turf.

I was going to eat "light" so after lobster bisque, I added grilled chicken to a Wedge - and as you can see it was Huge. Brought home a lot of it for tomorrow's lunch.

Here I am with my two guys doing exactly what I wanted for my birthday. 


They brought me a candle on one of the two desserts we ordered.

I made a wish and blew out the candle sending blessings for everyone into the atmosphere.
It's been a good birthday to celebrate three-quarters of a century. I'm feeling good and very happy and doing well as I move with energy into the next quarter.
Blessings to wherever you are in your journey around the sun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Wow! thanks for taking us along on your birthday celebration. Congratulations on this milestone birthday...here's to the next 25!

So glad you're doing well. Blessings for this coming year...

Linda McKiernan-Allen

Tahoe Mom said...

Thank you, Linda!! I was planning on waxing philosophical but then decided, oh, just post the pictures of you having fun!! Glad you enjoyed them.

MikeC said...

Holly Near: “And nothing less than a perfect night will do...” Sounds like that qualified. A belated happy 75!

ninareese said...

MRx Male Enhancement Remember these important points when you start your strength training routine. Lipoic Acid It is really an insulin like substance. Is actually very found a number of creatine goods like Cell Techie. Lipoic Acid actually works great when used with creatine. http://jackedmuscleextremeadvice.com/mrx-male-enhancement/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I’m 3 1/2 years behind you! And would you believe Coretha and I live in Forest, VA now!? She is transitional regional minister for VA now.

Continue to be well!
Johnny Loughridge

Tahoe Mom said...

Thanks, Mike ~ it really was exactly the night I wanted.

Johnny, good to hear from you. Enjoy all your 70s. Give my best to Coretha. Blessings to you both - and thanks!

And I have No Idea why I would hear about strength training and Lipoid Acid. I don't need ads on my blog.