Friday, December 22, 2017

Philadelphia Food

It was a very short trip to Philadelphia to visit Meredith and David. Short as it was, it seemed as though I ate my way through the visit. 

We started the first day with High Tea at the Rittenhouse Hotel.


This is our sandwich and scone course. The sandwiches were traditional
except for the large slice of radish with humus on top. Had not had that before.
The scones were small and there were 9 of them, three each of savory, sweet,
and plain. There was Clotted Cream, Strawberry Jam, and Lemon Curd to
accompany them. 
Each of us had our own pot of tea. I chose a mixture of Earl Grey and Roiboos. 
It tasted more like a softened Roiboos. Delicious. 

Thinking we would never eat again, later in the evening David decided to make biscuits.
He was just in the mood for biscuits.
Of course Meredith and I had one! 
I have will power and I am not going to refuse a homemade biscuit. Oh yum!!

I think I will leave you there for now. More meals to come!


No comments: