Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Day

It is Christmas! The Christ candle is lit. The waiting is over.
The Babe has arrived!

This nativity lives on the mantle in my house as a reminder.
I bought it in South Africa. I loved it immediately because everyone, 
including the Baby, is smiling with eye brows raised at this miraculous 
birth. Joy to the World!

Earlier this season, I was doing a puzzle on line and chose a nativity. 
I didn't think much about it until it was complete. There they were, 
even the animals, wide-eyed and smiling and So Happy over this 
miraculous birth. Most nativities picture Mary in what I would call
"solemn wonder". I like it when she and everyone else is just plain happy. 
Merry Christmas, friends ~ and a happy and blessed holiday
whatever you celebrate. The Light is back! 


2 comments:

MikeC said...

“The light is back.” We are on the other side of the solstice and the light continues to return. So grateful for that!

Tahoe Mom said...

Absolutely!! Sometimes I struggle to see it and I am convinced the Light still shines.