Thursday, July 7, 2016

Leafy Greens

Susan: explains to daughter how a neighbor’s chopped salad has helped her eat leafy greens which are really good for you but which Susan has never really liked.

Daughter emails back: - mom, you could have fooled me. You’ve always eaten salad. You fed us salad.

Susan: my salads were made with lettuce. 

Phone rings. Cell shows it’s daughter. Susan answers: Hi, darling. 

Daughter: Mom, what do you think leafy greens are?

LOL!! I explained that I had never thought of lettuce as a leafy green. My 

eye doctor told me to eat more leafy greens and lettuce wasn’t on the list. My neighbor made a big deal over the fact that her chopped salad had all sorts of leafy greens and NO lettuce. I haven’t used ice berg lettuce for years but lots of other kinds. Now that that’s cleared up, I will enjoy my dark greens in a chopped salad and my lettuce on sandwiches or also chopped. 

No comments: