Friday, September 11, 2015

9/11

As always and forever, I suppose, this day looms tall in the history of the US. One of the most impressive posts was one Linda Parker posted - a navy choir singing “There’s a Hole in the World Tonight” . . . don’t let there be a hole in the world tomorrow. I am reminded of the hole in my soul - and in some ways literally in my body - when Rex died. I didn’t understand why no one else could see it. I felt like it was there like a cartoon hole that can be seen straight through. And then one day I cried - hard and long - making “the noise” which rose from the bottom of my feet and soul and echoed through the house. And when that time was finally done and I had wept myself dry of tears, the hole had closed. Although it was a long journey, from that time on I began to heal, to move forward until I find myself at today ~ still remembering, still loving and still living a lovely, loving and loved life. 


Fourteen years ago there was a hole in the world. And I pray our tomorrow has come and there is no longer a hole in the world. We still remember, we still pray for lives lost and sacrificed, and we move forward as a people, as a nation. May we remember and be grateful for who we are today, for we are here. Amen. 

No comments: