Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New Look for Winter


We spend summer on the deck. In the winter, we bring some of the deck furniture into the house, the rests gets stored. For a number of years now, the wicker chairs and love seat have been brought into the den. This year Dean found Adirondack chairs at a yard sale. He sanded, I oiled, he bought cushions for them. They are So Comfortable. I decided I wanted them in the house over the winter. I also decided I wanted the old green ergonomically correct chair inside somewhere. Meanwhile, Dean had bought two tables for the den - small and Large. The design took a bit of doing and when I finally realized we could switch the tables around, putting the large on between our tv chairs and the small one across the room, everything else fell into place. It also helped that I am not a linear person so space was created by angling the little table. Brook helped move it all around. I am very pleased and will enjoy my den this winter with new windows, letting in lots of sun and warmth, and very cozy chairs for reading and resting and visiting with friends. 



No comments: