Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Three Observations of the Odd


  1. One of those questions: Akira, Trinity and I were talking the other day and I said something like, “Your daddy . . . .” and Akira asked, “Who is your daddy?” Well, of course they don’t know. Maybe I have shown them old family pictures before but it never really connected and suddenly he wanted to know. Glad I had a picture or two to show him. At one point when he was very little someone had said they could see my daddy in his face. He needs to know a little about the man anyway.
  2. I lost a month: not just a day or an hour or two ~ a whole month. MIchelle had emailed to tell me about something happening on the 19th and 20th. I emailed my plans to Dean and said, “June 19, 20”. Yesterday Dianne told me when her family was coming, July 19,20 and I said, oh good, I can help you then if you need me to. I can’t help in June though because I am going to busy with Michelle. Not until later when I said something to Dean about another date in June, he said, Honey, it’s July now. Oh yeah. July 4th, 1776 and all that jazz. Oops. 
  3. How big do you have to be to move a tree? We hiked to the point on July 4th to watch the fireworks. Dean took up chairs in the bobcat. Lots of us hiked on the trail. This morning we did that hike again and a very large tree trunk that has been lying by the trail for years was split in half and half of it was in the middle of the trail. My theory: a rather large bear was trying to reach little bugs and things living in the rotting tree and pushed it apart and half of it rolled into the trail. Only explanation I can think of ~ except of course if it had happened with, by and to humans, they wouldn’t have been able to lift it out of the trail. One of those little mysteries of the forest. 

No comments: