Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kindergarten Graduation Reflections

Thank goodness there were no caps and gowns. They had worn them for a photography session and their pictures were on the side of their diplomas. I was so glad. Caps and gowns are for older folks.

They were dressed up a little. Several of the boys had on vests and ties. One had on a white pin striped suit ~ I don’t think I have ever seen a white pin stripe before. He was So Cute. All the little girls had on glitters or shimmery or just plain cute dresses. Trinity looked lovely in her long dress and new patent shoes.

They marched in to Pomp and Circumstance. That did make me sigh.

They sang several songs with movements. Delightful performance.

They were and are the Class of 2023. Wow. Here’s hoping my genetics hold and I will be around 12 years from now to see her graduate for real.

They swarmed like locusts over the cake and cookies.

When I arrived 30 minutes ahead of time, if Michelle had not reserved us seats, we would have had to stand or at least sit way at the back.


The rest of the day:

Give a 6 year old the option of where to eat lunch without giving three choices and don’t be surprised when the answer is MacDonalds! Ha! Oh, well, probably the first time in 25 or more years. It was ok.

Just don’t make the mistake of turning your box over and reading the nutrition facts.

Michelle and Akira joined us for lunch so we had everybody but Marc and Dean ~ both of whom would have balked at MacDonalds. And this was Trinity’s day and I asked her to choose and she did.

The wind was strong and biting so we stayed in during the afternoon. Joshua and Trinity played the piano; Joshua showed me all his stuff from Southern Oregon; we took Joshua to a party and then Trinity and I did jigsaw puzzles on the computer.

June 1st and I drove home in what I would call foggy snow ~ and then a real live snow storm ~ and then sunshine during the last 10 minutes. At home a light dusting of snow was still stuck to the trees and roof.

A cup of Dean’s good chicken soup made up for the indulgent lunch and brought the day to a nice close.

2 comments:

Grandma Carol said...

Sounds like a memorable day!

Tahoe Mom said...

It was, it was. Hope you see the pix on FB. Oh, Carol, I am So Glad they are close.