Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Return to Normality




I believe it is worth mentioning that something “normal” has returned to our life together. This morning we took our regular morning walk. Of course it hasn’t been regular for a year or more because of the pain in my hip. This morning it was so regular and so normal. I kept up with Dean. We wore water-proof boots (shades of Christopher Robin) because there were still patches of snow and even some rushing, gushing creeks to wade through.

There were plenty of places to walk side by side and talk about all sorts of things. In places I stepped in his footsteps to keep from sinking in the snow. Crossing the creek I asked for him to wait for me just in case I needed a hand ~ which I did once when a rock was less sturdy than it looked. All of these things are normal for a snow hike when snowshoes are no longer needed but not all the snow has melted.

The creeks are amazing. The pictures will give you a little idea of our “back yard” and our joy in watching. Wish you could hear them as well. It was a glorious spring morning and we said next time we needed to bring a picnic along. For me ~ a return to what Dean and I have done together for ten years except for last year and it felt So Good! ~ blessings

No comments: