Friday, May 20, 2011

Rapture Reflections

Well, I guess it is time for me to comment on the Rapture - after all, if I wait until tomorrow it may be too late. You know me, although not a Biblical scholar, I have been to seminary, lived with a pastor for 36 1/2 years, taught Sunday School, been to conferences, studied, preached and in general have a good deal of solid scriptural background. And . . . I keep remembering Jesus saying that no one (including him) knows when he will return. Only God knows that. Hmmmm.

A few more reflections:

The pastor who started all this just renewed his radio/television license through 2012.

His non-profit staff are all planning to be at work on Monday morning, the work week as usual.

There is another Star Trek movie due out in 2012 with Chris Pine as Kirk - ergo, how can the world possibly end?

And if the Rapture should come? I will either be meeting God face to face or staying around and continuing to do whatever good I can for the world in which I find myself living. My “preparation” for this day was done a long time ago and I am just fine letting whatever happens, happen. I will have something to say to God, however, if I am not allowed to see my grandchildren graduate next month and go to my 6 year-old granddaughter’s “graduation” from kindergarten in two weeks. ~ blessings

2 comments:

Juju Bag Lady said...

Love, love love it! Susanna called me this week and said MOM the world is coming to an end on my birthday! I laughed and laughed. When I was little, my Dad was a nuclear simulator trainer and traveled a lot. He was in California on several trips and it seems in my memory there were "end of the world" "rapture" predictions every time he left home. Additionally the coast of California was predicted to fall off during one if his trips, which would have left him on the wrong side of the catastrophe! I distinctly remember my brother Gary helping me make sense of it all and easing my worry! I also remember during that time he taught me NOT to be afraid of lightening, but to love it. So...these rapture predictions are rather humerous and at the same time warm my heart for the fond memorys of my departed brother!

Tahoe Mom said...

Good for brother Gary! Special for you to have those memories even though they are triggered by weird predictions. Love you ~