Monday, August 17, 2009

Backpacking Gratitude


So here are some things for which I am more grateful than usual:
~ indoor plumbing
~ hot water showers
~ iced tea, lemonade or water
~ cheeseburgers
~ and more especially friends who are willing to take part of my pack when I got light-headed
~ and the same friends being encouraging and hiking with me even though I was Much Slower than their hiking speed
~ and an incredibly supportive husband who kept up the encouraging words even when I was tired and hurting and finding it hard to put one foot in front of the other
~ my own spirit that kept me on the trail when I wanted to sit down and cry
~ Gorgeous scenery all around that made stopping to breathe a visual joy
~ and finally the healing of time that eases the pain and makes me claim my pride in what I did even though I still hurt from my hair follicles to my toe nails. :D

It was a grand trip - and I Did It (with a Lot of help from my friends!) :D :D :D

No comments: