Thursday, March 12, 2009

Practical Prayes


In Psalm 139 the Psalmist gives thanks that God knows our sitting down and our rising up. I like that. I like practical prayers. Gratitude for ordinary, usual things and events. Like hot water. 

Oh, my, I am grateful for hot water!! And never so much as this last week when due to a series of flukes and glitches, I have been without hot water except in my tea pot and off the top of my stove. Showers have been taken by pouring hot water from bowls and pitchers over my body. I managed to wash my hair only twice, thanks to a strategically placed haircut in the middle of the week. We won't discuss leg shaving. 

Finally today even as we speak, Mike the plumber -- we Love Mike -- and Ted are in the crawl space under the house installing the new water heater. He is so far along that he has had me turn on the hot water in the bathtub and let it come gushing forth after a few spits and spurts. *Huge Grins* 

Thanks be for hot water, for modern technology that brings it straight into the house, for Sears who sells hot water heaters, for folks like Mike who install them, and for the Joy of standing in a shower! ~ blessings

No comments: