Saturday, January 2, 2016

On the Eighth Day ~

On the eighth day of Christmas I am going to move beyond my own space and go further afield. Today I am grateful for the men and women over the years and today who have committed themselves to military service and stepping into harm’s way. It has nothing to do with politics or whether one believes in the reason for sending them into harm’s way. The fact is, these young people are willing to go, to work, to commit themselves to defending their country when asked. For that I am grateful. 


I am also grateful for their families who (I hope) are part of the decision and who support them in all the ways military families do. Support our Troops needs to be more than a slogan. We need to give them our best because that is what they have given us. 

No comments: