Friday, March 1, 2013

Silly Me

When I first started the gym program at my physical therapy office, I was told we weren't allowed to use the machines unless a therapist was present. This was fine. Usually we received a call telling us when they would be there if arriving later than the usual 8 am. I went to gym at 8 or shortly after and if I needed to, I did my non-machine work until the therapist arrived.

Then the man in charge said, "Oh, no. Those in the gym program signed a release when they joined and so they may use the machines any time." Oh - OK! Because the lab in the same office opens at 7, I found myself being at the gym by 7:30 or so. This has been going on for about 2 months.

This morning, Oso still groggy from anesthetic, Dean and I both having a bit of a restless night, I didn't look at the clock until 7:15. My first thought was, "well, I won't get to gym this morning." Now, why not? I could still have been there by 8 or shortly after, a time that used to be perfectly acceptable. Now, it is too late. I didn't want to have to rush ~ and even with no definite plans for the day, it felt like it would be a hurried, late morning. Silly me. Ah well, I will pull on some boots in a while and take Oso on a walk through the woods. It will do us both good and help clear the anesthetic from his brain.




No comments: