Sunday, September 23, 2012

Words of Wisdom for Today as Well

As you may remember, I have been using Hildegard of Bingen as my mentor this year. I read her regularly and base my meditation on what she has to say that day. Today I am sharing her words with you because I believe they are So appropriate for our time and our world. I offer them here for you. May you find a blessing and wisdom in them for your life.


You have eyes for observing and looking all about you. Where you see dirt, wash it; and what is dry, make green. And make the spices you have release their perfume.

Now, had you no eyes, you would be able to excuse yourself. But you have eyes. So why do you not use them to look around?

But you are eloquent in rationality. Many times you judge others in things for which you do not wish to be judged. Yet sometimes you say the things that you bring out wisely.

Mind therefore that you carry your burden properly and collect good works in the purse of your heart . . . Imitate the turtledove in chastity; but administer the chosen vineyard diligently so that you can look on God with a pure and righteous face. 
(Hildegard of Bingen ~ from Hildegard of Bingen, Devotions, Prayers & Living Wisdom)

No comments: