Sunday, June 10, 2012

You Can Learn a Lot ~


A friend posted a notice on FB (thank you, SE!) that on the 6th and 7th, the Common English Bible with Apocrypha would be free to Kindle, Nook, etc. Who could resist that offer? So I “bought” it. And started to read. Those amazing and so familiar words about creation felt so accessible ~ right on my computer screen. 
Some reflections on that:
~ we tend to forget there are two creation stories back to back

~ we tend to pass over all the begats and begots and yet, today with all the on line genealogy work, the oral tradition was incredible. They listed all those men without benefit of computer files. 

~ who were the giants and the heroes, their sons, who roamed the earth? I have heard it suggested they might have been aliens. We never talk about them. 

~ and then having nothing to do with scripture: I came to a footnote I was interested in. How do I access it? Well, this is Kindle and Apple and all very intuitive. And my intuition and some experience tells me to click on the footnote number. I do and voila! The footnote page. Read footnote. Now - how do I get back to my page which of course hasn’t been bookmarked. Click on footnote number again and there I was, chapter and verse and ready to continue reading. Just as delightful as the giants. 

No comments: