Tuesday, December 7, 2010

There's Always a Story

The title of this blog is something my daughter says often. And she's right - there always is.

On August 23rd, I talked to a hip and knee replacement institute during my research for a surgeon. I was very impressed with this institute and their doctors. The woman I spoke to said, send your xray and I will hand carry it to the doctor. So - on the afternoon of August 23rd, I wrote my letter, enclosed it with the xray and mailed it. And waited. And waited.

Of course I wasn't Just waiting. I continued to do research and found two other hip and knee replacement offices that impressed me. I chose the one closest to home - and as you know had hip replacement surgery on November 10th and am a whole new woman, kicking butt in PT and recovering beautifully.

Today - December 7th - I get a phone call from the institute to which I had sent my xray. They had Just Today received the xray. It took 3 1/2 months to make it down the hill - and if I recall I put it in a two-day envelope. The woman who called me was both terribly embarrassed and very glad I had had my surgery and was doing so well. I bragged on my surgeon of course. And it makes me feel a LOT better about these doctors. I had sort of shrugged and let them go - with of course the intention of never mentioning them to anyone again. They did call the day they got the xray though -- so that pleases me. And I was honest with her about that. Now they are at least possibilities if anyone ever asks me about my research before my surgery.

Now if the envelope could just talk and tell us its story - because there's always a story.

No comments: