Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Morning Sky

I noticed the star first. It gleamed brightly between two pine trees, a clear, white glistening diamond surrounded by just enough deep blue to make the pines visible on either side. I stopped walking and just looked.

Spectacular.

Later I moved to where I could see the moon. Thin, clear and still so bright. By now the sky was a deep, rich blue ~ the kind of blue a designer for royalty would try to copy to make a cape or uniform. The star and the moon were not close ~ I had to adjust where I was standing to see them both through the same window. And yet there they were.

And were I a wise astrologer and had been searching the heavens for a Sign, I just might follow that star to see where it led and whose birth it heralded.

The rising sun dimmed the rich blue. Its rays lit the scattered clouds with deep orange and pink brushing the paler blue with glorious color.

It is a morning when the Heavens are declaring the glory of God. I am grateful to be up to witness such glory. ~ with blessings

No comments: