Sunday, December 12, 2010

Advent 3, 2010

With many thanks to Dr. Seuss for pointing this out so clearly!

I am still not bending. I am working on stepping up naturally. So the decorations are still in the window seat, there is no tree anywhere inside, and the Advent wreath is still the little makeshift one from a wonderful nativity and 4 mismatched candles. And guess what?

Instead of being all bent out of shape because of this, I am actually enjoying it. If I am truly into Advent waiting, then what I am waiting for is going to come regardless of what decorates my house. The Baby will be born. The world will be Blessed. Angel choirs will sing and the Wise Ones of the world will contemplate the nature of the universe and the fate of humankind. It will all happen with Joy and Delight and my house will have nothing to do with it. :D

On the other hand, my heart and yours may. That is where Christmas comes, dear friends. And if you are Jewish, that is where the true Hanukkah Light shines. If you celebrate Kwanzaa, that is where true Unity is found. And if you celebrate the ancient rituals of the Solstice, it is in the heart that the true Light returns to the earth.

Blessings as you go about your seasonal celebrations ~ may your heart be full

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you for that!

Tahoe Mom said...

You are welcome, Mike.