Sunday, March 7, 2010

We Get What We Need

The Universe does indeed supply our needs ~ sometimes more emphatically than we might like.

The other day I blew it with one of the daughters. She called me on it - said we had been talking about this for a while and I Still did the wrong thing. After dealing with that, I opened an e-zine I receive on Fridays and there was a list of Listening Rules. How to Really Listen. Now I consider myself a good listener - and yet the Rules right on top of her email made me realize, I had listened but had not really heard her. Finally that seemed to be resolved. And the universe wanted to make sure ~ so I opened a dance email I receive and it was about dancing in Silence. Then I opened a Lenten devotional I have been following and it was about knowing when to speak and when to be silent. I wanted to say "I got it already!" And let's be sure. Only time and my actions will tell if I have indeed Really listened and Really heard.

My last entry here made note of the fact that I have not been doing the stretches I know I should do to keep my knees limber. This morning a friend sent a knee exercise ~ and very gently pointed out, it wouldn't help me if I didn't do it. She also mentioned (ever so kindly) that we are at the age when we need to support our bodies through stretching. Again with the implication that knowing the stretches doesn't help if I don't do them. And again the Universe decided to validate the learning. My Lenten meditation dealt with the difference in Knowing the scriptures and Acting upon them. Referencing the Good Samaritan, the writer acknowledged that knowing the answer to the question we ask with no intention of acting upon it is not the way.

So ~ the Universe is right with me, helping me manifest exactly what I need whether it is exactly what I want or not. Listen, not only to others but also to my own body ~ listen and Do. ~ with blessings

1 comment:

Tahoe Mom said...

:D ~ thank you! I can't type your username because my computer doesn't have Chinese characters (I am assuming Chinese here) ~ and I am always glad to welcome folks to this journey.