Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, to me!

~ and it is a happy day. For some reason I have been looking forward to this one. It is not a special year. It does mean "older" when I am at the age I am not sure I want to get older. And I was looking forward to it nonetheless.

What makes it a happy day?
First, the sky is clear so the sun can shine in our windows and warm the house in lieu of the furnace being fixed yet.
Even though I am having a little tummy trouble and stayed in bed yesterday, I woke early this morning feeling Much Better and Hungry. Now we never eat breakfast until about 8 and Dean, bless him, prepared me breakfast right away.
Breakfast in bed is Lovely even when the man preparing it doesn't realize it is your birthday and prepares it because your first words to him were, "I'm hungry". :) Don't worry - he'll remember soon and pop in to say so.
This is my first birthday on Facebook and I signed in to a wall of good wishes first thing ~ and an e-card from Daughter ~ and chat with another friend.
Dean cooks. That makes me happy a lot ~ and today that will be nice. And maybe I will have my Mexican food fix twice next week after the tummy is ok.

At my age, I don't need a lot of stuff ~ although I still like presents and had great fun opening a gift from part of the family last week. :) And the presents of friends and family and their presence in my life and their wishes for my life makes for a Very Happy Day! ~ blessings

2 comments:

Grandma Carol said...

Happy Birthday, youngster. I'm looking a 72 this summer. My dear, feisty grandmother always announced her birthyear - born in '93 (1893, of course), she was proud of it! Lived to be 96. I'm getting to that point myself.

Tahoe Mom said...

Thanks! I'm a little like your grandmother ~ lines, aches, and a long perspective add wisdom to the mix and I might as well enjoy it. :)