Saturday, September 26, 2009

Random thoughts


Writing a blog is not quite the same for me as writing in my journal although I know there are folks who use it that way. I still like the daily jottings of the journal although I haven't done it for a while. Even as I don't write for comments or for anyone who might read this, I still think I owe it to you to reflect on something a little worthwhile and not just daily ordinary stuff. Ah well ~ for now this is my journal for the day.

It's another gorgeous day in the mountains. We will be heading down the hill later to go to the Genoa Candy Dance - a Huge arts festival that covers the entire little town of Genoa. Afterwards we will have dinner at Daughter's house where my whole family will be present as the other Daughter and husband come through on their way to somewhere else. Son-in-law is preparing dinner. Apropos of yesterday's entry, three our sons-in-law also cook. And very well. Tonight's dinner should be fun.

I like seeing my friends names on my message board even though we may not be chatting. Just the name, knowing they are on their computers, is a connection.

The day is warming up - not sure when the temperature is going to drop during the day and for now the nights are chilly and the days are Very warm - almost hot for up here. Today in Genoa will be hot. Suddenly the deck is dark at 7 and I find myself ready to go to bed much earlier than I have been - not to sleep, just to be in bed, read and relax. When it stays light until 9 or after, I don't get in bed until much later - dark. I really am attuned to the light.

See what I mean? Very random and ordinary -- and with blessings

No comments: