Saturday, September 5, 2009

Describing Biscuits


George Bernard Shaw once said something like, America and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language.

Ran smack into this one yesterday afternoon chatting with a friend in Wales. I was telling her about finding Pillsbury frozen biscuits which my cousin uses in her B&B. She swears no one can tell them from the real thing. We are close to the end of that part of the chat when my English (she only lives in Wales) friend says that her daughter who manages a Subway gives her a cookie with her salads or sandwiches so she doesn't need to make any more. . . . *ding* . . . oops, I have been talking biscuits, she has been seeing Cookies!

Ok, let's explain that I don't mean a cookie, I mean a biscuit. Yes? Except that the word biscuit means a cookie to her. Not as easy as it sounds. She really had No Idea. The more I explained, the more questions she had. I finally settled on sending a recipe last night and this morning will take pictures and send them. One day I may even have to make biscuits and send her pics of the process. Meanwhile, the next time she comes - she's been here twice - I will have to make or at least have biscuits.

Interesting process - have a great day, enjoy your weekend! ~ with blessings

No comments: