Friday, September 4, 2009

Random thoughts


1) If we go on a walk and leave Tessie at home (resting her bad hips) and there is a way out of the house, she Will find it and join the walk regardless.

2) Eric, the landscaper who lives two doors down, is putting two of his men to work on some trail maintenance this morning. Hurray for Eric for thinking of it and Nachos (that's what he said, I asked twice) and Juan for doing the raking and cleaning. Since the fire clearing, the trail has not been visible and we have had to find our way again.

3) As a daughter reminds me, Always reboot your computer first when you have problem, no matter what the computer tells you.

4) Degrees of separation: a short message about health care showed up on my Face Book site yesterday - and kept showing up - and finally was there from people who could not Possibly know each other - and people from all over the country. FB has taken away Any degree of separation we might have had. Have to think about that . . .

5) There is something about September: the mornings are suddenly Really Chilly. Days warm up beautifully and still feel like summer. Early mornings bespeak of fall. Won't be long before the morning fire appears.

6) Enjoying the gathering that is -- hmmm -- gathering on the deck for Monday night picnic. Neighbors, family, friends from VA, friends from town ~ youngest will be about 2, oldest about 75. A wide variety of conversation and fun and good food.

7) Prayers: if someone says they will pray for me or my friends, I say Thank you. Even if I know they are going to pray for my "soul" or to "save me". Prayers to God (by whatever name) on my behalf will be heard and interpreted by the Deity for my best interest.

8) Morning hot tub sits are very nice -- come in from a walk, be a little sweaty, a little sore, and bask for a few minutes before the shower and moving into the busy day - Very Nice!

~ blessings

No comments: