Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daughter!


Today is one of my daughter's birthday. She and her family are arriving soon to spend the day and have a birthday lunch. I have been thinking about the year she was 25. We took her out to dinner ~ and as I was looking at the menu, I thought "I want lobster. And I deserve it. I worked really hard 25 years ago today!!" 

That was the first time it had ever occurred to me - and I haven't thought of it much since - that we just might need to celebrate moms on the birth days of their children. After all, we are the ones who . . . I really don't need to finish that sentence for you, do I? If you are a mom, you understand. If you are a dad, you understand. If you think about your own birth mom, you understand. 

So here's to my daughter - Happy Birthday! And here's to me - happy birth day! I done good! ~ blessings

2 comments:

Grandma Carol said...

You DID do good! (so did I).We share that day. Happy belated birth-day.

Tahoe Mom said...

We DO share that day!!!! They even have the same middle names if I recall - although mine uses it as her first name now. Wow -- lots of memories brought up by your comment. ~ and a happy one to you as well, with blessings