Thursday, September 11, 2008

Eagle

Oh, how I wish I had a picture. Sitting on the deck this morning, all was quiet when the birds suddenly became upset. I glanced up and there he was, circling. His wing span looked Huge against the clear blue sky. He circled, low and slowly - letting the thermals help him drift. Then he would need to flap so he would exert some effort and move a little higher and float again. Around and around. Just there, in the blue between the trees. Occasionally he would move behind a tree only to reappear as the circle grew larger, smaller, larger again. To move inside for the camera would have been to take my eyes off of him and I was too fixated. 

And so we moved together. He was floating, circling, enjoying the breeze and at the same time on the lookout for small creatures below. I remained sitting while my soul rode his back into the blue until I lost him to the forest ~ and the smaller birds returned to their business in the quiet and safety of home. ~ blessings

No comments: