Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Autumn in the blood

Last night as I was putting away laundry I looked at some of the clothes I was hanging back in the closet: hmmm - probably won't wear the light white capris again. Time to put away some of the more summery Ts. And sure enough this morning I am in jeans, blouse and a cotton sweater that has hung in the closet all summer. There's a new fleece warm-up suit just aching to be worn. And the heavy green cotton shirt from my daughter with all the Pooh characters romping through fall leaves. I'm ready! 

Changing seasons may mean reflecting on time passing, growing older, deeper more philosophical questions. Or it may mean a delighted look at the closet to see what hasn't been worn for a while, what was bought at an end-of-the-season sale and hung way back. 

My toes will remain cool for a while as I loathe to give up sandals. I do have Earth Shoes that here in Tahoe I can wear with socks and still be fashionable. (I just sent one daughter into a fashion tizzy!)  Those will come out later. Shoes with toes arrive only after it gets Really Cold or there is snow on the ground. 

Philosophy will come later. For now ~ fall fashions delight! ~ blessings

No comments: