Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Fun Addition to AirBnB Rooms

When we decided to post our two guest rooms on AirBnB, daughter Meredith asked if there were any signs we wanted to put in the rooms. Actually there were. I wanted to remind people to take their chargers because over the years friends and family had left us with chargers to return to them. And I had decided to put books in the rooms that I was willing to donate if someone was reading them and wanted to continue. I needed a sign to say that. Meredith said that anything looked better in cross stitch than handwritten or printed on a computer. Ergo - Here are the signs Meredith created for us. People like them and have commented on them - a couple even glad to be reminded as they walked out the door.


Book shelf in the blue room.


Next to the door as guests exit the blue room.

Book shelf in the purple room. 


Next to the door as guests exit the purple room.
Are you able to tell that the blue room signs are in blue,
the purple in purple. 

Meredith said her name was not to appear on the sign so I placed it on the back just so
we would all know whose lovely work this is.

Finally ~ the one in the library so these books will stay with the house.
Red because I like red!
Thank you So Much, Meredith.

3 comments:

MikeC said...

I like the chargers sign. The books one I have mixed feelings about. On one hand, I like it. On the other hand, when we would stay in our favorite room at our favorite B&B (sadly, now closed) on the San Mateo County coast, I liked seeing a book on the shelf that was there when we were in the room two years earlier.

Grandma Carol said...

My sister and brother-in-law in Colorado have been renting out the cabin our mother left to us. (Granny's House). They decided to use AirBnB this year. They only rent it in the summer. I'd be interested to hear any comments you have on how its worked out for you.

Carol Willis

Tahoe Mom said...

Mike, that's an interesting response and one I had not considered. For me it's a nice way to clear my bookshelves although only man has taken me up on it yet.

Carol, I will email you. I think there is a big difference in renting a house you are not living in and renting a room or two when you are living there and in personal contact with your guests.