Monday, December 10, 2018

Language Change

This week a friend was telling me about a medical procedure her husband was having. I did not know the term so I Googled it.

Did I research it? No. Did I look it up? No. I Googled it.

I realize this bit of language changed a long time ago and I have been using Google as a verb for a number of years. Still today it struck me as funny. We still talk about researching a subject but even as we do, we know that a large part of that research is done on line and a large part of that is from Google.

It's just interesting the way language is a living a entity that keeps moving and changing.

2 comments:

MikeC said...

And I believe the phrase “I googled it” is going to be with us for the foreseeable future...

Tahoe Mom said...

I'm sure you are right!