Thursday, September 20, 2018

A Little Weirdness

I told Dean this morning, he may want to check my horoscope, or my temperature, or look for pods under the house. I am thinking about being active in the kitchen.

When my first husband and I had been married about 30 years, I said, "I am tired of cooking. I am not going to cook any more." He was fine with that. We were empty nesters. He often ate a big lunch in the college cafeteria. I was traveling a lot. Snacking or a simple meal was just fine.

After he died, I ate a lot of Lean Cuisine. Once when I was agonizing over cooking something for company, daughter Meredith said, "Mom,  you are a good cook. You are just having a problem deciding what to cook." Well, yes. Tell me what to prepare and I'm all over it.

Dean and I eat well but simply. Honestly he does a lot of the cooking - grilling and wonderful soups and stews in the pressure cooker. But recently ~ recently ~ hmmmm. I am cooking.

I am coming up with ideas about what to cook. The other night Dean came home from a meeting to meatloaf, corn pudding and asparagus. Where did that come from??? I have started cutting corn from the cob and roasting it for freezing. While doing that the idea of corn pudding popped into my head. For only the second time in my life I have made it, it turned out really good.

This morning I was looking in the freezer and thought, "I really need to clear and clean that." What?? I do?? Well, yes ~ but oh, my. The fact that I think about it and might actually do it is rather weird. If you know me personally, you know I am not much of a housekeeper. I would rather read a book, take a walk, do almost anything than clean or organize around the house. And here I am, thinking I could use this morning to clear and clean the freezer.

You do notice, however, that I took time to write about it first. Ha! Unless I write a mea culpa, we will all assume I will now clear and clean the freezer. Blessings on your day!

No comments: