Friday, July 6, 2018

Light in the Dark

You know I read a lot of mystery stories. As light and airy what Amazon calls "cozy mysteries" are, there are also some Very good writers who deal with life and death and philosophical ideas. I know this and I am still surprised when I run across some of these ideas while just sitting on my deck, reading what I consider a good mystery. These thoughts seemed particularly appropriate to the state of the world today.

from Danger Calling by Patricia Wentworth
“ . . . there is nothing so disturbing as ideas. . . . You cannot, however, burn an idea at the stake nor can you immure it in a tomb — it continues to seek for expression. Each new expression rouses the old antagonism. . . . everyone does not wish for light in his house, Darkness suits dark things. Light is being focussed upon some of these dark things.”

Many of us thought that the Light had already come and wiped out darkness. Darkness rose up again though, struggling to survive. It shall not. And when the Light comes the dark shall fade away. 

2 comments:

MikeC said...

Please keep on with this message. Thank you!

Tahoe Mom said...

Thank you, Mike. I'll keep preaching even if it's to the choir. We have to be reminded over and over again that hope finds a way.