Tuesday, August 29, 2017

What Can I Do?

If you want to help the folks inundated by Harvey, may I suggest you donate through a fund of an organized religious organization.

I am a member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Our mission is called Week of Compassion and can be found at www.weekofcompassion.org. One hundred percent of your designated gift goes to where you request. If you give an undesignated gift, only 7% is kept to keep the organization running and the rest is donated where most needed.

It is my assumption, although I have not researched this, is that most Christian, Jewish and Muslim organizations operate along the same lines. Donate through these organizations and your gift will reach the people who need it. Blessings to you and your generous gift ~

No comments: