Saturday, August 24, 2013

Lots of Smoke


The smoke from Yosemite Rim fire hangs heavy over the Tahoe Basin. If this is how it is here, how awful it must be closer to the fire itself. The news says the smoke has blown all the way to southern Oregon. Unless something changes drastically today, we will eat inside tonight. There are people with asthma and much worse allergies than I have, and I am having a rough time. Not enough to buy a mask ~ I can leave those for folks who Really need them. Still I am very uncomfortable outside. 

So ~ here’s to Dean who is doing the grocery shopping this morning and will even go to the deck and bring in mint for our tea for the day. All the windows are closed and I started to cough opening the door to let Oso in. Wind is supposed to pick up and blow it in another direction today. 

Please, join me in prayers for safety and containment for all those fighting and really affected by this and all the fires.

No comments: