Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Harsh Word ~ Hate

"Hate" has always seemed a very harsh word to me. I am grateful that in my life I have had very little to hate in the best (worst?) sense of that word. I did however find myself using it in a rather off-hand manner for a while: "I hate this. I hate that. Don't you hate it when thus and so happens?"

Then one day I decided to even say it in a flippant way put energy into the world that I would rather avoid.. So for a long while I have tried to temper my words to "I don't like" or "I wish thus and so were another way".

However ~ when I have waited over two months to file the bill receipts, I come very close to using that word. I do not like filing even when I do it often enough that it takes very little time. When I have let the bills pile up, I Really Don't Like Filing!! I might even say I hate it.

No comments: