Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Still run light cues


Years ago in my professional life, I would stage manage a ballet company's production of "The Nutcracker" every December. 

This morning I was listening to a music station playing lots of traditional holiday music. Although busy doing something else I was suddenly aware that I was calling light cues in my head -- because they were playing selections from Nutcracker. It is amazing to me that I still remember such things. 

Is it any wonder that "tradition" means so much to us at this time of year? If I can still call light cues which have nothing to do with religion, spirituality, or the blessedness of the season, I can understand why many of us (me included) want certain things to be the same year after year when the holidays come around ~ blessings

No comments: