Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Cereal Maker


Delightful holiday party last night. I turned to the man next to me in the buffet line and asked what he did for the company. He grinned and said he was there with his son (in whispered confidence: probably the designated driver) and he worked for Ralston Purina. And what do you do there, I asked. "I make cereal. I am in flaking. We prepare, bake, sweeten. It is more complicated than most people realize. For instance, all of those ingredients and vitamins listed on the box - they have to be in there." 

Amazing. How often have we said, "oh, I have just a bowl of cereal for breakfast." Just - a bowl of cereal. And behind every flake is Bob or one of his co-workers, testing, tasting making sure that we Like that bowl of cereal and that we don't get cheated because every vitamin listed is in there! Thank you, Bob! ~ with blessings

No comments: