Friday, March 23, 2018

Easy When You Know How

There is a Chinese medicine I use, recommended by my acupuncturist, that works as a coagulant for my nose bleeds. Technically it is used as a tea to stimulate circulation but it also stops bleeding and for that I am very grateful. Now before you get all worried, I have nose bleeds mainly because it so dry where we live. I try to keep the house humidified but once in a while - or when I am sick - my nose bleeds and this powder is the perfect solution. And . . . it is hard to obtain.

This month my Chinese daughter-in-law is in China visiting her family. I sent her a picture of the box, explaining everything and assuring her if she couldn't find it, it was ok, etc. etc.

If an email could give you a shoulder shrug, this one did. Of course she could find it. It was very popular in China, cheap and easy to pick up in any pharmacy. She would be glad to bring me some.

Wow. Thank you, Chenlu! Something that seemed hard became very simple. You just have to have a Chinese connection!


No comments: