Monday, February 19, 2018

Enough! It's Time!!

I have been debating how to say this - if I can even say this. The First Amendment certainly allows me to say this. I’m not sure what is holding me back.  So here goes, blunt and to the point.

Our president, vice-president and many congresspeople and state legislators are murderers. As surely as if they stood next to the young man with the gun and pulled the trigger, they are murderers of our children because they allow assault rifles to be bought easily by anyone. 

How do they live with themselves? 

How do they look their own children in the eye and say, “I allowed your class mates to die."?

Assault rifles only belong in the military. My daughter and her first husband, a Special Forces soldier, were living in Denver when the Columbine shooting occurred. This soldier got rid of his semi-automatic rifle because he realized there was no reason for semis to be sold on the civilian market, and if he hadn’t access to that weapon, neither would Dylan and Eric. 


We need to vote the murderers out of office and make sure those we vote in have taken no money, not one cent, from the NRA.  And we need to call those who do what they are: murderers.