Thursday, August 16, 2012

Billions and Billions


I live where there is very little ambient light. We do have a light or two in the parking lot and they are down the hill from the back of our house and the house blocks them for the most part. Last night, very unusually, Oso decided to go out in the wee hours of the morning. So I put him out and then decided to go out too. I took a flashlight, walked out on the deck, and quickly turned off my light and just stared. Leaned back against the deck rail and gazed upward. Billions and billions ~ and one shooting across the sky just where I was looking. Suddenly I was no longer tired or grumbling about Oso or doing or thinking anything. I was just being in the midst of our amazing universe, blessed by a star spangled moment in time. 

1 comment:

MikeC said...

Wow! That's all I can say...