Saturday, May 26, 2012

Home Again, Home Again


It was a Perfect trip from the moment Dan and Bill met me at the airport in Raleigh until cousin Greg hugged me good-bye outside security in Baltimore. It was a pilgrimage reunion for me and I loved Every minute. I went through two weeks being absolutely present and in the moment. 
Even the weather was perfect ~ more humidity than I was used to but a lot less than my hosts were used to so Perfect southern weather. They even threw in a couple of thunder storms for me at night and late afternoon so they didn’t interrupt anything.






It was a bit of a shock to leave that sort of sandal wearing weather and come home to snow on the deck. Yep ~ about an inch and a half on the deck this morning. 
I told Dean on the Saturday before I left that getting the new iPhone was such a surprise it was almost like Christmas. Well, I came home to a new bicycle and a rocking chair!!! He told me about the bicycle when we talked from DFW and said he had a coupon for 20% off at REI and one of the things listed was a woman’s bike. It is built like they used to be when we wore skirts, 21 gears, hand brakes, and what looks to me like a teeny, tiny seat. He says it is a huge seat for a bike. We will see - and feel - that’s all I can say at this point because there is snow out there and I won’t be riding today. 

And then while shopping around, he literally fell over a rocking chair for sale at Sierra Trading Post. It is not glamourous looking and won’t look like a piece of furniture in the living room or den in the winter. It is an aluminum camp rocker with canvas back and seat. Very comfortable. Folds up to take camping or to the beach - although rocking on the sand lacks some of the glamour. And this morning is yard sales so he has asked if I would like another if he should find one. Why not? Then two of us can rock on the deck. 




                                               ~ and he found one
       and they are Both Very comfortable!











Oh, the other really good thing: in spite of indulging in southern cooking, I came home weighing Exactly what I weighed when I left. What happened to my cholesterol I have no idea and I am back on track this morning. It was a perfect trip and it is good to be home! 



2 comments:

MikeC said...

What a great trip, and what a great welcome home! Welcome home!

Tahoe Mom said...

Thanks, Mike! Rocking in the wooden one this morning as I write.